Serves: Makes 4 Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: Fry until golden brown mins
Liven up the humble scotch egg. Delicious with sweet chilli sauce.
- Boil 4 Free Rangers eggs in salted water for 10 minutes until hard boiled.
- Cool the eggs in cold water and peel off the shells.
- Mix the sausage meat, minced pork and spices with 1 raw egg until well blended.
- Tip: use fresh chillies for that bit of extra spice if you like it spicy.
- With wet hands apt the blended meat into a burger shape.
- Sit the hard boiled egg in the middle of the shape and fold the meat around the egg to create a ball.
- Firstly roll the balls in flour.
- Beat 2 eggs together.
- Cover the balls in egg and then roll in the bread crumbs. Do this process twice to ensure an even covering.
- Gently deep fry in 1.5 litres of vegetable oil at a moderate heat, until golden brown.