Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Make your Rarebit on toast using your favourite local cheese.
- Melt the butter, then stir in the English Mustard and the flour to create a roux.
- Add the milk in stages stirring well until smooth and creamy. Ensure there is no taste of flour then add the ale.
- Crumble in the cheese and melt in.
- Cool the cheese sauce in a bowl.
- Seperate the eggs and mix the yolks into the sauce.
- Toast your bread on one side, then spread the Yorkshire Rarebit mix on the other side ensuring you cover all the bread to the edge of the corners.
- Place under the grill until golden and crispy.